The god of destruction, Lord Shiva is known in the Hindu religion as someone that is merciful. People will do what it takes to please them so that they can have peace and not be afraid or defeated.
Shiva Pooja is when someone says the Shiva Mantras. These are mantras that are known to help fight battles so that the fighter wins and so that the person is successful. The mantras make people that fight in the battles strong. They also can get rid of negativity out of the body and make the person powerful.
Some of the mantras are said to be right to Lord Shiva and when you say them you will benefit from them.
- Panchakshari Shiva Mantra or Om Namah Shivaya
This is the basic of the Shiva mantra’s and it says, “I bow to Lord Shiva.” If you chant this over and over then you will get blessed by him, according to Hinduism.
- Rudra Mantra or Om Namo Bhagwate Rudraay
This mantra helps you to get the things that you wish for and to be blessed by Lord Shiva.
- Shiva Gayatri Mantra or Om Tatpurushaya Vidmahe Mahadevaya Dhimahi Tanno Rudrah Prachodayat
This mantra is a powerful mantra and is one that gives peace and makes Lord Shiva happy. It is also called the Gayatri Mantra.
- Shiv Dhyaan Mantra or Karcharankritam Vaa Kaayjam Karmjam Vaa Shravannayanjam Vaa Maansam Vaa Paradham I Vihitam Vihitam Vaa Sarv Metat Kshamasva Jay Jay Karunaabdhe Shree Mahadev Shambho II
This mantra is one that you can use when you need to ask Lord Shiva to forgive you for anything you have done.
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra or Om Tryambakam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pushti Vardhanam I Urvarukamiva Bandhanath Mrityormukshiya Mamritat II
This is a powerful mantra that makes people not afraid to die. It is known as the Lord of death and destruction, or Lord Shiva, and helps people that are dying to not be afraid.
- Ekadasha Rudra Mantra
This has 11 different mantras in it, and it can be said if people want to benefit in their lives. You can say these one each month or anytime you want.
- Kapali or Om HumHum Satrustambhanaya Hum Hum Om Phat.
- Pingala or Om Shrim Hrim Shrim Sarva Mangalaya Pingalaya Om Namah.
- Bhima or Om Aim Aim Mano Vanchita Siddhaya Aim Aim Om
- Virupaksha or Om Rudraya Roganashaya Agacha Cha Ram Om Namah.
- Vilohita or Om Shrim Hrim Sam Sam Hrim Shrim Shankarshanaya Om.
- Shastha or Om Hrim Hrim Safalyayai Siddhaye Om Namah.
- Ajapada or Om Shrim Bam Sough Balavardhanaya Baleshwaraya Rudraya Phut Om
- Ahirbhudanya or Om Hram Hrim Hum Samastha Graha Dosha Vinashaya Om.
- Sambhu or Om Gam Hluam Shroum Glaum Gam Om Namah.
- Chandra or Om Chum Chandishwaraya Tejasyaya Chum Om Phut.
- Bhava or Om Behaved Bhava Sambhavaya Ishta Darshana Om Sam Om Namaha.