There are seven main energy points, known as chakras, running along your body. When all the chakras are clear and open, energy can freely run through them and a harmony exists between the physical body, the spirit, and the mind. If your chakras are out of balance, then it can cause havoc in your body. Some use meditation designed to heal the chakras to help this, while others seek out a healer to help find and unblock the clogged chakras.
You may want to try to handle your chakras on your own, but it can be tough to know where to focus. This article is designed to help you know which chakra needs balance and how it feels when it happens to be out of balance.
- Base Chakra – When out of balance you may have feelings of insecurity, negativity, greed, negative thinking you cannot shake, and strong judgment of others. This chakra is located at the base of the spine, the first chakra, and is based on the earth element. It is associated with the feeling of safety and being grounded in all of life’s areas including independence, food, and security. The base chakra lays the foundation for positive change and how we manifest our desires.
- Sacral Chakra – When the sacral chakra is out of balance, you may start seeing signs of codependency with others and you may feel that you have a lack of emotions or just out of touch with them. Some may suffer from substance abuse, a lack of sexual desire, or just feel like they are stuck. This second chakra is at the center of your lower belly in the back and part of the water element. It is closely associated with creativity, emotions, sensuality, and pleasure. This chakra allows us to connect to the world emotionally through your senses, as well as helping you explore your sexual fantasies.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – When the solar plexus is out of balance you may experience feelings of self-shame, jealousy, fear of moving forward, envy, and even disgust with others. This third chakra is located in the stomach area or the upper abdomen and is based on the fire element. The solar plexus is connected to mental abilities, self-expression, will, and personal responsibility. It helps us view the world and ourselves with clarity as we have confidence in making the right decisions.
- Heart Chakra – When the heart chakra is out of balance, you may become jealous, hold grudges, be defensive, and develop a fear of intimacy. It is the fourth chakra located in the center of the chest, right above the actual physical heart. Based on the air element, the heart chakra is associated with love of yourself and others, openness, compassion, forgiveness, and even empathy. This chakra helps us see others and our lives through love.
- Throat Chakra – When the heart chakra is out of balance you may have a fear of speaking, lack connections to others, not be able to listen to others, become a gossip, or start telling lies. This fifth chakra is located in the throat in the center of the neck. Based on the ether element, it is connected to communication and expression, both verbal and non-verbal, good timing, and a spiritual connection. The throat chakra helps us in our relationships so we can express ourselves in a healthy manner.
- Third Eye Chakra – When the third eye chakra is out of balance you may feel disconnected and unable to make a clear decision. You may make bad choices or even feel disconnected with self. This sixth chakra is located on the forehead, between the eyebrows. Based on the light element, this chakra is associated with imagination, intuition, wisdom, and decision making abilities. The third eye helps make clear decisions based on your true purpose and helps you know the right thing to do when options are available.
- Crown Chakra – When the crown chakra is out of balance you may not be able to meditate due to mind clutter and be unable to connect in any spiritual way. The seventh chakra is located on the top of the head and based on time and space. It is associated with senses, thought, and allows access to higher states of awareness. This chakra helps with deep meditation, visualization, and access to higher realms.
Now that you know the different chakras, understand that you may need to balance one or more. Choose meditative practices specific to what area needs balance.